Business Litigation Overview
At Schlesinger & Associates, PA., our business lawyers recognize that the survival of a company often hinges on the successful outcome of a business dispute. We take a common-sense approach to solving business problems, yet we are not afraid to provide aggressive courtroom representation when necessary. Our firm carefully manages your matter from the initial pleadings through discovery, settlement negotiations, and trial in a manner that is both cost-effective and reflective of your goals. Our attorneys assist clients in a multiple areas of business and commercial litigation, including.
- Employment Litigation: We represent clients in connection with the drafting, negotiation and enforcement/defense of employment contracts for wages or other relief.
- Partnership and Corporate Disputes: Our litigation practice on behalf of closely held companies, partnerships and individual principals can meet the challenges of any problem that arises between initial formation and eventual sale or dissolution or control issues.
- Contract Disputes: Our attorneys have extensive experience litigating contract disputes, including claims involving purchase and sales agreements, construction contracts, franchise agreements, partnership and succession agreements, trade agreements, vendor agreements, real estate contracts, business sales agreements, business merger agreements, supply contracts, investment and capital agreements, parts contracts, warranty agreements and joint venture agreements.
- Commission Disputes: Our firm has litigated these types of claims and wage cases where a broker/employee was forced to bring suit to collect his or her fee for “procuring” the buyer/lessee.
- Real Estate Litigation: We assist purchasers, sellers, investors, developers, brokers and contractors in a wide range of residential real estate litigation and commercial real estate litigation.
- Business Torts and Fraud: We represent plaintiffs and defendants in business fraud cases, including consumers, business professionals and business owners.
- Entertainment, Trademark and Royalty Disputes: We have represented writers, distributors, retailers, managers, agents, models, production companies and talent in a variety of capacities, including corporate and pre-litigation counseling.
- Class Actions: We handle a broad range of class action disputes involving business and commercial transactions including the Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act (FDUTPA).
- Appellate Practice: We have an appellate litigation practice that is mature, experienced and uncompromising in its commitment to effective appellate advocacy.